Senior Portfolio Manager
Carl carries over a decade’s worth of experience in the institutional wealth management sector, beginning as an Equity Research Associate at Robertson Stephens. Moving on to spend five years at Wells Capital Management, Carl was part of a team that managed funds totaling well over $1 billion in assets. Immediately prior to joining the Delphi team, Carl worked as a Portfolio Manager for a hedge fund, where he actively managed a portfolio of equities and assisted in creating overall investment strategies.
Knowing that the analytical and portfolio management skills he’d developed would be a natural fit for an independent wealth management firm, Carl was excited to join the Delphi team at its inception. Utilizing his past experience in the institutional wealth sector, he assists in manager due diligence and is a member of Delphi’s investment committee. Carl works directly with many Delphi clients as a member of their investment team and also serves as lead advisor for a select group of families. His specialties include investment analysis and diligence, portfolio management, portfolio analytics and asset allocation strategies.
Carl lives in San Diego with his wife, two children and their dog. He enjoys spending time with his family and friends, as well as playing golf and tennis.
- Being in on the ground floor at Delphi, and helping the firm grow to $350 million under management in four years
- Launching model equity portfolios at Wells Capital Management which were utilized by several investment management teams and Private Wealth Managers
- Initiating coverage on several specialty pharmaceutical companies as an Equity Research Associate at Robertson Stephens
- Bachelor of Science, Finance, The University of Arizona – Tucson
- Member, Association for Corporate Growth
Helping clients understand the often complex world of private wealth and investment products is one of the highlights of my job. Also, watching as they achieve their financial goals and objectives is a phenomenal feeling.