Director of Firm Administration & Chief Compliance Officer
Gary has been working in the financial sector for nearly 30 years, starting with his days as an options trader in New York. After learning the ropes at Phillip Brothers, Inc., Gary spent nine years at AIG Trading Group, where he eventually managed the firm’s North American metals derivatives desk.
Before coming to Delphi, Gary worked for 16 years at Sunrise Capital Partners, where over the years he oversaw just about every aspect of firm operations. As COO and CCO, he was responsible for all matters of administration and compliance.
An executive “jack of all trades,” Gary’s expertise ranges from staff management to customer interaction to vendor relationship management. It’s a varied and comprehensive skill set that serves him well as the Director of Firm Administration at Delphi.
Originally born in Panama, and raised there and in Mexico City, Gary now lives in San Diego with his wife of 30 years. Their two daughters have taken after their mother with a love and talent for music. When he’s not devoting time to Congregation Beth Israel, Gary enjoys working on computers and honing his skills at the latest and greatest software.
- Joining an entrepreneurial firm like Delphi, that is so full of energy and new ideas
- Starting out at Sunrise Capital with no experience and learning to operate a Fund Vehicle and a Firm.
- Being a market maker in Metals and Metals Options. Working in London and traveling throughout Europe.
- Learning the ropes in physical commodities while working on Wall Street as a trainee for a financial services firm in NYC.
- Masters, Business Administration with Finance concentration
- Masters, Hospital Administration, Tulane University
- Bachelor of Arts, Biology, University of California San Diego
- President, Congregation Beth Israel
- Executive Committee and Board, Congregation Beth Israel
“Helping people understand their financial position and helping them plan for the future is what inspires me. Everyone needs some guidance with their personal wealth. I want to make the client experience better, while helping clients achieve their goals in a thoughtful and professional manner.